As a native New Mexican, local art has a special place in my heart.
As an artist myself, art has a special place in my life.
Over the years I have met and worked alongside local artists whose creations have impacted me in one way or another. A special connection with a project grows when I get to incorporate local art into the space.
If you’ve been eyeing pieces at the Downtown Growers Market, The Artwalk or even on Instagram…here are my 4 reasons to buy the damn art!
- Curate your space with one of a kind pieces.
- Who doesn’t want unique pieces? Buying from local artists means you can add an original work of art to your collection. Diversify your home decor with something new and fresh with a piece that you can only find here in New Mexico. Every year thousands of people travel to NM from around the world to access such unique pieces. How lucky are you that you can find your perfect, one-of-a-kind piece, possibly just down the road?
- Keeps your dollar in the local economy.
- Supporting your local economy is easy when you’re buying art from local artists! It’s probably the most blatant way to “keeping it local”. You can guarantee that the money you spend on their art will go right back in to the pocket of that artist, in-turn helping them buy more material to create more work! Supporting local artists this way means you are directly impacting their ability to continue their craft.
- Builds up local culture.
- Art is one of the main pillars of culture. We are lucky that New Mexico is one of the most culturally rich states in the country. When you purchase from local artists, you are directly influencing the longevity of our culture. You are nourishing the culture to help it grow stronger and lasting. Buying local art supports people who tell stories through their creations.
- Get an intimate understanding of the art.
- New Mexico is big in size, but it’s population is small. That means you could run into your local artist at any moment. A small community like ours makes it easy to get to know the artist. It’s possible you’ll get to speak with the artist about their vision for the piece. You could learn straight from them about the inspiration behind it. Then, bring that same inspiration into your home!
Support your local art community and bring home an inspiring piece that will compliment your space. Not sure where to start? Tap here (https://www.visitalbuquerque.org/things-to-do/arts-culture/galleries/ ) to see a list of local galleries and art showings in our area!
3 thoughts on “4 Reasons to Curate Your Home with Local Art”
This design is wicked! You definitely know how to keep
a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos,
I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.
I really loved what you had to say, and more
than that, how you presented it. Too cool!
Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Many thanks for providing
Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I’m
inspired! Extremely useful information specifically the final phase 🙂 I handle such info a lot.
I was looking for this certain information for a very lengthy
time. Thanks and good luck.
Comments are closed.